Monday, April 28, 2008

Remove Arm Cellulite: What works?

The dreaded arm cellulite. You figure you can wear shorts, skirts and capris to hide the legs during summer, but when the scourge pops up on your arms...what to do? Now I can't even wear tee shirts? In ARIZONA? I've had this problem recently (despite relatively skinny arms) and knew I needed to do something. My best solution is as follows:

I've discovered there are a few things that work well:

1. Massage: I have a Wellbox and use it for temporary smoothness when wearing short sleeves. If you don't one of these machines, you can lightly massage the area (use kneading motion) for a bit of relief. Also, (don't laugh), you can use a rolling pin or similar item to roll over the area. This will actually help make the area look smoother but only temporarily. Be careful and don't get overzealous--I've actually given myself bruises doing this one!





2. Dry brushing: Using a body brush (needs to be a bit stiff--not too soft), brush your body starting from the soles of your feet on up (skip chest, face and any other sensitive areas). This will help stimulate circulation and actually help all over cellulite. It's an oldie but a goodie 'cause it does seem to work.









3. Bliss Stimulator: You can get this at http://www.blissworld.com/ This is a little rubber nubbly thing that you use in the shower. I usually soap up over use it over in-shower body lotion (it helps when you use it with a product to give it a bit of slip). This little thing actually works pretty well. Just rub it around in a circular motion and back and forth. It'll really help stimulate the area and the cellulite at least "looks" diminished. As with most cellulite tricks, it only does so much and it only works if you work it. **Note: Don't be swayed by most of the other cellulite wonders they sell--they don't really work.



4. Neutrogena Cellulite Patches: The serum doesn't really work in my experience, but the patches! Wow, those do make the area much smoother (again, temporarily). I've used them on my arms and thighs and slept with them on. I would suggest wearing them two or three nights a week and only if you know you'll be showing off your arms the next day ('cause they can get expensive). Also, if you wear them too often or for too long, they can cause a bit of a reaction (not pretty). Get 'em at your local drugstore.



5. Old fashioned weights: I know, ugh! Truly, the only way I got rid of the stuff (or greatly dimished it) was to bump up my weights and arm workouts. I used to use 3 to 5 pound weights, but when I started using 8 to 10 pounders, I really noticed a difference. Also, vary the workouts; don't just do the same curls and kick-backs. You can also do less reps with heavier weights, but do them often (I think they recommend every other day with a day of rest in-between). I try to do a heavy day (8-10 lbs.) and a light day (3-6 lbs.) and then a day of rest. Seems to work!

What works for you? Let me know! www.agelessbeautypro.com

No comments: