Monday, April 21, 2008

Review Update: Accent for Cellulite & Face Firming

I am such a guinea pig. I try nearly anything--especially for cellulite! You can read my first post about the Accent treatment. After numerous requests from readers, I've decided to give you an update. I've had a full treatment package of 6+ treatments on my worst cellulite area (front of my thighs) and I'm just starting treatments on the back of my thighs. In addition, I've started treatments for firming my face. Here goes...

The treatments last about 35-45 minutes. They consist of running a radio-frequency "wand" over the area (the cellulite body treatments include two probes: one for liquifying and reducing fat deposits and one for skin firming). Now, I'm going to be honest: They can hurt. The wands get very hot (scorching) and sometimes can cause a very painful moment. I've not had any burns or any telltale signs (except for a few bruises where the wand was run repeatedly over a certain area). If you have an experience practitioner, the hot spots aren't so bad, but be prepared either way.

Did it work? Well yes and no. After my second treatment I saw really noticable results so of course I expected amazing results as I went on. Unfortunately I seemed to pleateau and not until after my 6th treatment (plus a stepped-up exercise routine), did I see more good results. I do drink a ton of water, have a decent diet (no yo-yo weight gains/losses) and I work out nearly daily, still I have noticeable cellulite. This has helped, but I do feel I would need more treatments or at the very least, a solid monthly maintenance plan to keep it at bay.
I've started the treatments on the back of my thighs and I'll keep you posted on how they go--not much noticeable yet.

For the face...my face isn't showing extreme age yet. I do maintenance (Thermage, peels, etc.) to keep sagging and wrinkles away. This treatment is mostly as a preventative measure for me. I do feel these treatments are worth it. I am always told I look at least 10 years younger than I am so I guess what I'm doing is working! These Accent treatment for face firming are not bad. They wand does get hot and there have been a few "ouch" moments, but no lingering problems. Plus they feel pretty good when they are just warm. They leave my face glowing and looking and feeling firmer but this is temporary. I will complete the set of 6 and keep you posted.

All in all, Accent has helped "remove" some of the cellulite from my thighs. I need to complete a full set of 6 on the back to see if it goes better than the front. The pictures they show of results are pretty remarkable and honestly, I wouldn't expect these results, but it does help. However, with hours of appts., thousands of dollars and a bit of pain Accent isn't necessarily the wunderkind I was expecting.

www.agelessbeautypro.com

No comments: