Sunday, January 18, 2009

Smartxide Dot Therapy Laser Treatment

OK, it's official, I'm middle-aged (ick, don't you just hate that term?) Anyway, I'm pretty good about taking care of my skin and I was blessed with finely pored, even-textured fair skin. With that said, I am definitely seeing the signs of age creep upon me: fine lines, skin laxity, droopy lids, brown spots, etc. Let's face it, it pretty much happens to us all.

I've have Thermage (don't bother), Accent (short-lived results), microdermabrasion (OK, but I can get the same results or better with a chemical peel at home), glycolic peels (my favorite way to smooth, brighten and perk up my skin), Botox (yes, I tried it and like it in very small doses), Restyline (pretty good, sturdy line filler, some pros and cons). Anyway, you get the idea; I'm not obsessed by I try to stay on top of things.

Well, I recently moved to Phoenix and felt I was needing some help. I found a local Dr., made an appointment and thought I'd get some filler, maybe some Renova, and be on my way. Well, he sat and listened to me and told me straight out that filler was not what I needed. He was doing a new treatment and it was getting great result: the SMARTXIDE DOT THERAPY. I'd never heard of it, but soon became a full-fledged fan.

I saw his before and afters, even results on his staff in the office (real people, not some over-the-top promises the corporate company releases), and I was sold. So I paid my money, had the treatment and here's what I found:

The laser itself shoots little dots onto your face. It acts basically what used to be a very intense laser resurfacing treatment like FRAXEL or CO2 lasers. This treatment works much the same way, but in a slightly more gentle (meaning much less recovery time) way. It's not painful, but it sure smarts in areas. It essentially "burns" the tops layer of skin off your face. Not a pretty thought, but over a few days (it took me about 5), you skin gently sloughs off and the skin below is revealed.

You actually leave the office with your face plastered in heavy lotion and little dots all over your skin. Over the next several days I had to frequently re-apply the cream (like a Vaseline consistency--real pretty) and stay indoors. Also, I needed to not only avoid the sun, but bright light of any type or low-hanging (like pendant lights). I could actually get a "sunburn" just from bright light inside the house!

I followed direction religiously and after my total recovery (a couple weeks later), I had another appointment. This time I got to see my before and after shots and wow! what a difference. This treatment--and this is my FAVORITE part--actually helps firm up the skin and boost collagen production and I could really see it in the pics. My puffy, droopy eyes were firmer and brighter, my cheeks/jowls were defined and I couldn't believe it, but I actually had a little bit of a turky wobble starting under my chin and this totally zapped that!

Bottom line, I cannot say it's right for everyone, but it worked for me and I would very likely do it again. It's pricey (I paid $2,000), slightly painful, takes several days to really recover (about 5-7), but I feel it was well worth it. Especially since all the Thermage and Accent in the world never seemed to even come close to these results.

P.S. If you live in the Phoenix area and want to know my Dr., just jet me an email!
Visit: www.agelessbeautypro.com

No comments: